Share the story of how you are or someone you know is fighting for human rights, racial equity, gender equity during these challenging times. Girl Rising is looking for diverse stories of young leaders, including how individuals and groups are working to ensure girls’ education and opportunity for girls continues during school lockdowns. All stories will be part of our online compendium. 12 Showcase Stories will be shared at the Girl Rising International Day of the Girl celebration in October 2020. Select stories will be featured on Girl Rising's Social Media channels.
The deadline for entries in My Story: The 2020 Girl Rising Storytelling Challenge is September 1st, 2020. Once you’ve read the full challenge Terms and Conditions, there is a simple process to submit your story. If you are under 18, have your parent or legal guardian sign this consent form and send it to email@example.com.
We are looking for stories of young leaders, e.g. individuals age 25 or younger or those making an impact for youth. Stories may be submitted by anyone over the age of 14 and can be submitted in different media formats.
- A story about myself - We’re looking for personal stories that demonstrate how you have been working to advance human rights, gender equity, and/or racial justice. This includes advancing girls’ education during school lockdowns as a result of COVID-19.
- A story in your community - We’re looking for stories of individuals or groups taking action to advance human rights, gender equity, and/or racial justice. This includes advancing girls’ education during school lockdowns as a result of COVID-19.
- Video/Audio (2 minutes maximum)
- Essay (250 words maximum)
- Photos (Up to 3 photos)
- Artwork ((Up to 3 digital images)
Stories may be submitted from anywhere around the world and in all languages. For stories submitted in a local language, when possible we encourage a translation or English subtitles to be included. This translation will not count towards the word limit.